Sunday, December 26, 2010

My last few hours in Fuerteventura and an Adventurous departure back Home. (Part 2)








After been explained my entire departure process, I went downstairs to the pool, Victoria and John were not there, they must have thought that I have left. Anyways I choose a nice sunny spot near the pool and sat there thinking about the snow back home and enjoying the warmth of the sun. After a while Calum and his Mom came up to me, what lovely company they were. They told me that they had seen me around the hotel and would like to be friends with me. Sweet, I thought and yes I wanted to be friends with such lovely people as well I thought. They were from Scotland, both of them were cat lovers, well I am as well so that makes three of us. Calum wanted to go for archery, which was also being done at the hotel premises, part of the hotel guest entertainment. He asked me if I would like to join them. And yes I agreed. After a short walk we reached the archery area, they were lots of people there waiting for their turn. Calum had to wait for his turn as well. I do have pictures and I’ll upload them along with my blog post.

After the short archery experience Calum, his Mom and me went for a walk around the hotel gardens. We arrived in an area where they were lots of cats, it was cat haven, it had cat food and even a small shed for cats. It was a cat charity for stray cats in that area. It was then that Calum’s Mom told me that they love cats. Nice! Then all of us went to the pool side bar to have a snack before I had to leave. Mom and me ordered tuna sandwiches and Calum ordered some sweet stuff, I think it was some kind of a cake slice. Soon our food arrived. Our sandwiches were warm and scrumptious along with lots of French fries, as we ate I told them about my adventurous journey which I have to make back home. We also exchanged numbers and facebook contacts so we can be in touch. It was almost 5:00 when we finished, I did say that I have to get my luggage out of the room and be at the reception as my taxi will be there at half five. They agreed to accompany me as well to the reception, soon I managed to get the luggage out of the room and got myself checked out of the hotel. Now Calum, his Mom and me were just waiting in the lounge waiting for my taxi.

It was 5:30 pm, my taxi ware here, Calum, Mom and me exchanged good byes and now I was in the taxi heading towards the airport. The driver didn’t speak English at all so I couldn’t converse with him. The roads were all clear, it took approximately 20 minutes to reach the airport. Outside the Thomas Cook lady waiting for me. She welcomed me with a smile and took my luggage from me. Then both of us headed towards the check-in area of the airport. Showed my passport and my luggage was checked in, I was also given a snack voucher, which I could use at the waiting lounge of the airport. As my flight was at 10:30 and I had almost 3 hours to kill. I was then taken to the waiting area, the guy who brought me here, told me that he will come back here at ten when my flight is due.

All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

No comments: