Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Honeymoon, without a Honey. (Part 1)



The flight to Fuerteventura was smooth and 4 hours long. Made friends with the old couple sitting next to me and apparently found out that they have a house in Fuerteventura and go there every year during the winters. Nice!

As I didn’t have breakfast, I was starving. After a long wait, our on-board hot lunch arrived; it was rice with curry, a glass of orange juice and a cup-cake for desert. It wasn’t very delicious or the most scrumptious meal but good enough to fill up my stomach. After this I slept for the rest of on-flight journey, in fact everyone slept. At around 2:00 in the afternoon I was awaken by an announcement, ‘we shall be reaching Fuerteventura in a few minutes. I donno what exactly is the temperature’ announced the pilot, ‘But I am sure its much warmer than back home...as you can see the sun’. He pointed out Lanzarote, Tenerife, and Spain to us from the plane the panoramic view was breath taking. He also told us that the local time of Fuerteventura is the same as UK as Fuerteventura is located on the same longitudes as UK (which was good I thought no jet-lag).

I then took out my mirror, wiped my face with a wet-wipe to freshen up, put a bit of mascara to get rid of my sleepy-eyes, dabbed on some lip-stick, brushed my hair and made sure I look decent. I was all smiles, yes, to check out the sun! Seriously as the air-craft landed, I just couldn’t stop smiling (I’ll show u the pics) I was so delighted to see the sun and the warm climate. In fact everybody coming from UK (which was almost all of them) were glad to be in a warm country.

As being on a wheelchair I was the last one to leave the aircraft (which was fine with me). Soon an aisle wheelchair was brought; I was transferred from my seat onto the aisle wheelchair and wheeled out of the aircraft. My own motorised wheelchair was waiting for me out side, then I was transferred on to my wheelchair. After showing our passport I was then to proceed towards the luggage arrival area. I just had one light suit case and the person assisting me took my luggage and we were soon outside. Oh God I just could not stop smiling, it was so warm and bright, especially from where I came from it was minus four.

Outside a Thomas Cook member of staff was waiting for me, she greeted me with a pleasant smile and guided me towards the wheelchair accessible taxi. I was soon in the taxi and on my way to Elba Sara Hotel. The roads were very clean but, due to the warm winds blowing from the Sahara Desert in Africa it was, very dusty.





















All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great, Nadia, It seems you had so much fun and finally you got some warm...lucky you :)

Anonymous said...

hey nadia , h r u, dear ur work so nice for poor peoples, i like ur work & ur feeling, dear, i will remember in my prayer always,