Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Changing my Disappoints into Pleasures. (Day 3, Monday, 30th November ‘2010)

It was the third day of my holiday today. Woke up with a smile all fresh and excited, ready to kiss the sun, as it was bright and warm and not cloudy and wet like yesterday. Anyways I was all ready at 9:00 am in the morning, downstairs at breakfast waiting for Victoria and John. At quarter past they were down at breakfast as well, all three of us sat together. I got myself a pile of pancakes with caramel sauce, a fresh vegetable omelette and a couple of slice of red, juicy water melon with a glass full of cool fresh orange juice. Yes, I love breakfasts in Fuerteventura! Victoria (bless her) helped chop-up my pancakes and after breakfast we all went out and sat near the pool under the shady palm trees and chatted about are trip to the city with excitement.

At around 11o’clock we all had to be at the hotel reception as we had booked a trip with Thomas Cook to check out the fort and have authentic Spanish lunch somewhere in the city of Fuerteventura. Well, at half eleven our coach arrived, we all went outside. An English lady came out of the coach. First she spoke with Victoria and John, then Victoria got off her wheelchair and with the help of her crutches climbed on the coach. Then John folded up her wheelchair and the driver kept it in the luggage compartment of the coach. Now was my turn the lady came up to me and asked if my wheelchair was collapsible of, I denied and also added that its really heavy. But John interrupted, ‘never mind we’ll manage to pick it and keep it in the compartment’. I kept quiet hoping that it will all work out. Then I got off my wheelchair and with the help of John started climbing the steps of the coach. Well, that was a struggle, the lady outside the coach stopped me and said ‘I am sorry to say but its better if you don’t go, as the fort has many steps and there is no way you’ll be able to manage the old stony steps’. Oh NO! I thought, it felt as if my heart was shattered into a million pieces. The lady apologised a million times, Victoria and John also apologised, ‘sorry mate but hope to see you at dinner’.

Aaa well, this was my fun day gone down the drain, feeling awful and depressed went up to the outside bar ordered a cool but fancy fruit cocktail along with a few snacks. Oh no, I thought what am I doing, I am on holiday this thing cant make me upset, I began to read my English travel guide. Soon an English lady (tourist) came and sat next to me, ‘oh good, you know English,’ she said and soon we were in a conversation. She was from Liver Pool, England, as most of the tourists were from Scotland. She was here with her mom and son, fair enough, I thought unlike me all on my own! She told me that she was a mammogram screener for the NHS back home. ‘back home for a living I have to examine boobs and here for holiday as well I have to look at more boob, hahaha!’ she laughed. That was funny, after a bit more of chit chatting, her son, who was only ten was calling her. She then excused herself and went to attend to her son. There I was once again on my own.

After a silent couple of minutes and staring at people around me in boredom, a spark of light was trying to ignite in my head. I tried to concentrate on the light, I do hope its ‘hope’, I thought. Eureka, it was! Let’s get a haircut I thought, well I do have lovely long hair but thats what others say. What do I say while touching my hair I thought, yes its long and boring. Aaa well had 50 euros in cash went outside of the hotel to the next-door shopping mall. Though it wasn’t very big but it did have a hair dresser. Went up and waited for my turn as the hair dresser was cutting another customers hair. Soon my turn came, she only knew Spanish but somehow I managed to tell her I need a hair cut as short as possible. ‘No, no, no...!’ she said with a very worried expression and something else which I didn’t understand. Then another customer waiting after me knew a bit of English, she explained me that shes saying that very short hair cut will not suit me. I then told her to cut it in any style I just need my hair short as its difficult to manage. She then explained the hair dresser.

Soon I was getting my hair washed, then I on my wheelchair was brought in front of a mirror, she sectioned my hair and snip, snip with a pair of scissors she went. I enjoy getting a hair cut its so therapeutic. It took her 25 minutes to chop off my hair and give a hair style. Then she blow dried it and it looked nice, surprisingly, I always though short hair does not suit me. I also got pictures with the hair dresser and the other English speaking customer.

After my hair cut, just wandered in the mall and then on the beach, it also rained at the beach for a bit (I also have lots of pic, shall be uploading them for even you to enjoy). At around 6:00 pm came back to the hotel, saw a bit of Sky news on television, it was snowing in UK, had a cheeky smirk then on my face, and yes, I am in sunny Spain, hehehe. At around half seven went down for dinner, met up with Victoria and John, they said the trip was not good as it had been raining yesterday therefore the roads were closed.















All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

No comments: