Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Honeymoon, without a Honey. (Part 2)

I had arrived, the hotel was massive, the cool marble floor, everybody wearing shorts and cool, loose and colourful clothes, drinks and fruits everywhere. I could even see the yellow sandy beaches, bright blue sea and the palm trees through the huge windows on the other side of the hotel. At the reception my passport number was take and soon my room (keys) card where handed to me, they also raped a white band around my wrist and told me, as I am there ‘all inclusive guest’, that means all of my drinks, food, snacks were all included, that is why I should keep this band on at all times.

I was then assisted to my room along with my luggage. Wow, the room was huge, the bed was huge and the balcony was huge having two huge glass sliding doors. And the view was breathtaking, with huge palm trees and blue seas, and it was all so private I could dance around naked and no one will notice. Anyway so there I was in my huge hotel room. I was wearing my turtle neck sweater, had to get rid of that and my boots and long warm socks. I then took out a nice cool orange top and my summer flip-flops from my suit case and put them on. It took me a long time and loads of hard work to take off my previous clothes and put them ones on as I had no help, but I was determined and the sunshine kept me motivated.

Finally after a struggle I managed to put on my summer clothes. I then took lots of pictures all around my room and then went outside.

There was a huge open bar I went there and ordered myself a nice cool cocktail. ‘May I ave one of those cool, colourful, cocktail with loads of fruit stuck on them and no alcohol please?’ I asked, ‘Wow’ said a lady, ‘All inclusive and no alcohol, you are a good girl.’ Well then I noticed everybody is drunk out here, and it wasn’t because I was at the bar it was like this all over the hotel. At the breakfast buffet along with orange juice one had a choice between wine and Champaign; same was at lunch and dinner. At the pool there was beer everywhere, at the bars there was all sorts of alcoholic drinks. I met another couple at the bar and they said that the come all inclusive every year and just drink, drink and drink. No wonder almost everyone there had beer-bellies.

While I was enjoying my lovely cool cocktail, I realized everybody around me were in pairs of two. They were old couples, they were young couples, they were gay and lesbian couples as well openly holding hands and kissing away. I was the only single person, Oh my God, this made me a bit nervous. Especially when another couple asked me ‘so whom are you with?’ ‘with no one’ I answered and they were surprised to hear that. ‘You are brave to come on your own here, hopefully you’ll find someone, maybe a nice Spanish guy here,’ I hopefully agreed with them, by the way Spanish people are very attractive. It was dinner time soon, we all headed for the dinner buffet downstairs.

The sad part was that most of the food was British as majority of the hotel guest were from UK (I think its because they have to cater them, thats where the money comes from) they just had one local Spanish dish called Paella a rice dish. After dinner I went back to my room and as I was so tired got into my PJs and off to bed.



















All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

No comments: