Sunday, April 22, 2012

My journey begins...


My journey begins from when I leave my house.

18th of April 2012, at 2 am! A day before I had already done my packing (very, very light I travelled, Gosh, just 3 tops, PJs and toothbrush, paste, face wash and cream. Oh yes not to forget my wheelchair charger and phone charger). All my hand luggage, which was just a big bag, I hung it a night before at the back of my wheelchair. By the way it’s a very very bad idea to take pictures from your phone especially if it’s a HTC, My pictures are all stuck as  it always says out of memory, hate this crappy situation. I have pics of painting of Van Gough and Monet and Nefertiti (beauty is she!) at the Pergamon Museum but unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures.

My taxi came to my place in London at 3 am, I was all ready to leave (with butterflies I my stomach due to anxiousness of travelling all the way to Gatwick airport, London). My taxi to Victoria station cost me £25, it took me almost an hour to get there (roads were empty but all the traffic lights were closed). 

Finally I reach Victoria Station, then I bought my ticket for Gatwick Express open return which cost me £16.20 (this is the discounted price as I have a disabled rail card). The train which I had to catch was at 5 am. It takes half an hour to get there and drops passengers right next to South Terminal. Which was good for me as I was flying from the same terminal, so no time was wasted in going all the way to North terminal.

Meine Reise beginnt ab, wenn ich mein Haus verlassen
Wake up Nadia Ahmed, you are on the train to the airport.at 5 in the moring.



All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265 Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Was this written by the lady with the glasses or one of her children?

The internet is soooo full of rubbish these days.

nadiahmed said...

Yes it my dear, thats why you should not believe it all.
Sorry about that!

Natalie said...

No body wants to read about a boring ride to the airport!

Is this really the most exciting thing that happens in your life! lol

I feel sorry for you. You seem lonely

Go and live a little, have some sex or partyyyyyyyy. Life is for living dont waste it- dont let your disability stop you