Sunday, April 22, 2012

Excitement Begins...

A week ago we were just having lunch at the Queen Mary Curve Café, discussing our plans about the weekend. Maria said I am going to Berlin tomorrow and all of us were like wow, lucky you? I wish I could go to Berlin…I love travelling (honestly, I love travelling and would go anywhere). Anyways Maria invited me, at first I thought she was just kidding. But the next day I received an email from her asking if I’d like to join her in Berlin, also assuring me that I’d love it there!

I quickly did a online surf for cheap flights to Berlin. The cheapest was Easy Jet from Gatwick London to Berlin, £62. I got excited and emailed her back yes I am coming but please can you look for accessible and affordable accommodation in Berlin, and yes she found a Hostel 45 Euros per nignt and wheelchair accessible The Odyssee Hostel In Berlin (http://www.globetrotterhostel.de/index.php?Land%20Ho!&page=0 its near Frankfurter Tor U-Bahn station. By the way the metro, over-ground trains, the buses and trams all public transport is fully accessible and why not ‘Hitler was famous for getting rid of the disabled and elderly’!

I booked my flight for the 18th of April 6 o’clock in the morning (from Gatwick) till the 20th (7 o’clock in the morning from Berlin. I emailed Maria my flight detail and shortly received a very comforting and welcoming reply that ‘Nadia you’ll love Berlin, the food is awesome, people are lovely and accommodation is all sorted. 'Nadia Ahmed, Berlin is waiting for you.' quote Maria Fernanda (2012) 

Now it was time to get excited and yes I was although I had heaps of work but a few day off work is good ad sure it was.


Aufregung beginnt!



All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265 Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

No comments: