Monday, April 23, 2012

Finally…hello, hello Berlin.


The plane landed at 8:30 pm, German time. I switched on my mobile and texted Maria that I have landed. I then received a text back confirming that I’ll be waiting for you out side. I had to wait for half an hour in the plane for everyone to leave, then my turn to come. In the mean while I made friends with this lawyer, soon it was my turn. We exchanged ‘good byes’ and promised to meet-up in London.

At around half nine I was making my way to the airport exit. There, my lovely Maria was waiting. We hugged and kissed and made our way to the O-Bahn (train). The train and station was so spacious. OMG they are so generous! I thought. Anyway Maria and me talked and talk the whole journey, then we got the U-Bah(underground/metro), wow huge they were and all wheelchair accessible. Maria also told me about the ticket system. Its just 6 Euros and is the same for all (no zone system like London), after 8 pm on one ticket you could take a friend for free and that’s what Maria did, took me for free.

We had now arrived Frankfurter Tor Station (our hostel stop) we now took the lift up to the ground and had to walk a bit. Wow I was astonished to see the roads and pavements they were all so wide and everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE they were cycle tracks. I instantly fell in love with Berlin.
Soon we reached our hostel accommodation it was not bad for 45 Euros per night. The room was nice and clean but the accessible toilet was outside the room which was alright, I guess. As I was the only wheelchair user on the floor, hence the toilet was only used by me. J Maria also stayed with me and as soon as we hit the bed, both of us were fast asleep.
endlich ... hallo, hallo Berlin



All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265 Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

No comments: