Sunday, April 22, 2012

A day to remember.


Wednesday, the 18th of April 2012 at 5:40 am. I had now reached London Gatwick and was at the check-in counter, everything went smoothly and was now a bit relaxed waiting to board the Easy Jet plane in the waiting lounge. My next and last stop Berlin, good I thought. I was exhausted as I hardly got any sleep and was determined to take a nap when I’m on board. All relaxed I messaged Maria on facebook that I’ll be reaching Berlin at around half nine in the morning.

However this was not at all what happened. It was now 6 am and someone one from passenger assistance came up to me. Madame, did anyone speak to you about Easy Jet’s disabled passenger requirements, they asked. No I said. Well then we’ll have to take you to the Easy Jet Office which is located downstairs. OMG, but I’ll miss my plane, just 20 minutes left. Unfortunately, you will but Easy Jet already has been in trouble before and now they did a mistake again. But I’m sorry Madam without this check we can’t allow you to travel. But don’t worry Easy Jet will figure something out. Oh no but what to do and yes I did miss the plane and guess what the next Easy Jet flight was at 5 pm, wow! I text Maria the whole story, even she was disappointed.


Well as compensation they gave me a £15 voucher for refreshments and changed my return flight to Saturday from Friday but missing my two meetings o Friday as well as paying my accommodation in Berlin 45 Euros for the extra night. After all this drama I went to one of the cafes to have breakfast (used one of the vouchers). After breakfast just roamed around shops and bought my friend Maria a gift.
The best part was when at around 2 pm the fire alarm rang, what good fortune for me I thought. We were all guided to safer part of the airport. Thank god we didn’t have to go downstairs! After an hour we were then allowed to go back to the waiting lounge where I charged my phone and called up friends to talk to, time was not moving, it seemed.

Finally it was 5pm but, yes another but! The flight was delayed to 6:30, what a delight! My entire day was wasted at London-Gatwick, but  they put me on the plane at around 6 pm. I was in the air at 6:35 pm and in Berlin at 8:30 pm (Berlin time).

Ein Tag zu erinnern!









All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265 Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there

thought you might want some constructive criticism- Try to vary your vocabulary, otherwise it all sounds so bland.

Try to use language in a more descriptive and interesting way.

BTW I didnt read the whole thing... it was much too painful!

nadiahmed said...

Thank you your advice. I'll make sure to keep all this in mind while writing my next blog-post.
Many thanks.