Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chester, my lucky short trip.


I then waited and waited, although I was pretty much sure it wont get approved but I did have doubts (because people who read it said that the whole idea of slow-motion and disability is very creative). Lets say I was anxious! And in the very beginning of June I received ad email congratulating me and inviting me to Chester on the 26th and 27th of June to present my paper. OMG!, OMG!, OMG!

I was excited as  it was my first ever paper abstract I wrote and it got approve but at the same time was very nervous, as I had no back-up paper or no research! That day the whole day I couldn’t do any work I was just worried, I also emailed my supervisor, told her the whole story and literally in the end wrote ‘now what should I do?’ Well soon I received an email congratulating me, the she gave me a pat on my back by saying how very courageous of you for involving film and Einstein, that means a lot of research. In the end she did say if you want to back out you can. Well backing out is not my cuppa tea, so I asked for permission just for this month if I could work on this and put something together for the presentation. Permission was granted and for the next few weeks  I was  engrossed in reading Foucault and film a lot. My colleagues helped me with putting together a presentation…I love them. One of my colleague told me that a paper presentation does not mean literally presenting a paper (although some do do that reading out a paper, very boring!) , make a  power point slide presentation, which was a life saver.

Although I did write a paper as it helped gather my ideas together, but having a slide presentation helped a lot. Because when there is a will, there is always a way!


All rights reserved. nadia.ahmed@qmul.ac.uk +44 (0)789 6250265 Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

No comments: