Friday, February 11, 2011

How I ended up vacationing in Karachi, Pakistan?!!



Initially I was off to Israel for a ten days vacation in February this year. I am so dying to check-out the Dead Sea, Wailing Wall and the famous Masjid-e-Aqsa. I also found a great, reasonably priced, group travel package, especially for wheelchair users; which was perfect for me. Awesome, I thought. Quickly, filled with excitement,I sent the travel agency an email asking them for further details. (The name of the travel agency is Imaginative Travel and their website is http://www.imaginative-traveller.com). That evening I also spoke to my brother-in-law online (on my facebook group page ‘Travelling the world on wheels’ as well as on twitter, I had already mentioned about my travel plans to Israel and asking if anyone could be of help?!!) ‘You mentioned travel plans to Israel on ure facebook status?!!’ he asked. Yes, you did read correctly and hopefully if alls well then I shall be leaving next month (February), I told him. ‘Nadia, did you know if gone to Israel, you are then not allowed to enter Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and a few other Muslim countries!’ Astonished I was on hearing this. Are you sure Zohair (thats my brother-in-laws name), I asked as I was very worried and aggravated to hear such disturbing news. But after a bit more research I found out that just visiting Israel then its alright, entering Saudi Arabia is fine, although still one cannot entre Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan and a few other Muslim countries (so please make sure to find out before arranging a trip to Israel, its certainly the Forbidden Land not to sure about sanctified anymore). I guess everywhere on earth its so troubled by natural disasters and wars that no place can be called blessed or sanctified anymore! L

Anyways, so the next day I received a reply email by Imaginative Travel with all the travel information, all sounded good but they were fully booked for February and said that I can book a place for the August trip. I though thats good might as well pay a visit to Pakistan, Karachi and check-out my family there before visiting Israel. And that is how my folks I came to Karachi, Pakistan for a month and a half’s vacation on the 4th of February 2011 by Emirates Airline from Gatwick London.

Hopefully my next blog post is going to be all about my ‘adventurous’ travel experience from Maidstone (where I live in UK) all the way to my destination Karachi (where my family lives in Pakistan). My following blog posts shall have more pics and less text, therefore creating a visual read.

Enjoy, shall be anxiously waiting for ure comments and feedback. X

All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

1 comment:

Paula TriporDie said...

I think it is easier to go to iran with israeli stamp than to israel with iranian one... I was in iran few years ago. Great country. Check out my blog http://paula-tripordie.blogspot.com/