Thursday, February 17, 2011

‘A friend in need s a friend indeed’ Thankyou Safia, Aasim and Aayaan.







So at 3pm I was at Gatwick airport. At the same time my friends had arrived the airport as well with my luggage, very nice of them. If Safia, Aasim a nd Aayan would not have been there I’d probably be crying and would have missed my flight (life savers) because I was 10 kilos over weight regarding luggage. It took two hours to sort the luggage out but it was all sorted in the end because of them. In the end that is after two hours of struggle like literally sweat and blood struggle we managed to check-in the entire 40 kilos of luggage and I’ll explain you how.

Perks of being on a wheelchair: (this is when being disabled helps, and being sympathised truly helps, it saved me a £250) The Emirates lady was determined to take £250 for access baggage. Oh my God, I cannot afford that! My friends were there (now this is true friendship my folks ‘a friend in need, is a friend indeed’) and if we are lucky enough, my friend Safia would tell us the entire story in detail in the comments box.

Well after loads of times of unpacking and repacking and sulking and misplacing my own keys many, many a times (this is what happens when I am under pressure and I panic, be calm at all times whilst travelling). The Emirates lady felt sorry for me when she saw lots of medicines and my wheelchair charger (I also took a picture with her, which I shall upload along with my blog post), and yes I also felt sorry for the excess luggage and a £250 payment or leaving my Mom’s medicines with Safia, so I went along with the drama. Soon my luggage was all checked in and we were all relaxed.

‘When there is a will there is a way!’

All four of us with gigantic smiles J went upstairs for a cup of coffee. Instead all of us had cold coffee and Aayaan enjoyed it the most. It was soon time to check myself inn, we all hugged and exchanged good byes and soon I was in the Gatwick Airport huge waiting lounge waiting for my flight. Thank you Safia, Aasim and Aayaan, I couldn’t have managed my journey along with my luggage to Gatwick Airport without you all. Therefore, I am dedicating this blog-post to you and company.

Love you and take care. X

All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265Please do join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587

2 comments:

safia said...

thanku so much nadia from all of us...for the dedication
OH WHT AN adventour it was.
nadia was a bit upset, worried ...and everytime when we hve to pack and unpack..KEYS USED TO BE LOST SME WHERE IN TEH BAG..
BUT ALHAMDOLLILAH EVERYTHING was smooth in the end ..love the travel plan converstaion over the coffee..only i wish it comes true.its been 2 weeks but we are missing u badley.hope u hve loads of fun.
love XXXX

nadiahmed said...

Missing you and loving you.
Take care,
Nadia.