Sunday, June 27, 2010

My day trip to Brighton, 26th June 2010, 30 degrees Celsius.





Writing Bit 1:

On the 26th June 2010, 30 degrees Celsius.

This post of mine is going to have a different writing style. Its going to be a mixture of stylistic choices, usage of periodic sentences, loose sentences, like a day’s memoir in my very own words all said bit by bit (please forgive me if my writing causes any offense, Thank you). So here I begin in my very own style, ‘My one day trip to Brighton’. I live with my Mom, (although do hope that one day my Mom lives with me) but anyways. Since day before yesterday my Mom and me were planning to do something different on the weekend as the days are very warm in UK at this time of the year. Finally it was decided that we should pay a visit to the beach and might as well go to Brighton pebble beach, one of the famous pebble beaches’ in the world. Brighton is one of the most vibrant, colourful and creative cities in Europe. Cosmopolitan, compact, energetic, unique, fun, lively, historic, young, exotic and free-spirited, it's a city like no other. It is the most happening place at this time of the year, the sun is warm, people are all in festive moods, the outside street cafes are in full bloom, music is in the air, fish-and-chips and ice cream are everywhere.

Although Brighton is a place overflowing with history, arts and culture like experiencing the heritage of the Royal Pavilion and the Preston Manor, indulging in the seaside fun of Brighton Pier and the Sea Life Centre and checking out the Brighton and Hove Museums; which is all a unique mixture of heritage, culture and cosmopolitan fun. Brighton attractions cater for all tastes and budgets, but I was there simply to eat, enjoy and relax at the beach.

It was Saturday morning; we woke up late as it was a holiday, got dressed and a bowl of cereal for breakfast. My Mom and I were out of the house by noon. We caught the bus that goes into town (as in Maidstone we have few buses that go into town and even fewer that have wheel chair access, which is not good at all. I have stated this complaint to the Maidstone Borough Council as well as the Kent County Council, I just have to be patient), I guess, very patient, as it goes patience is virtue! Anyway, after a 5 minute bus ride we were in the centre of town, it was packed with people everywhere. As it was a Saturday and is was pleasantly warm, the sun was bright and the breeze was cool. It was awesome; everybody was in a festive mood in Maidstone town.

Through the crowd we made our way to the train station, which was a 10 minute walk. While at the station we found out the train for Victoria London was at 12:55 which was fine. We bought our tickets to Brighton which coated a merry £30 each. At the station there was an ad about buying a ticket to Mala costing £99 return inclusive of all taxes which was kind of ironic. Soon it was time for the train, the station man asked me if I am catching this train and I said yes. He got out a ramp from his office and called out to me to follow him. Soon my Mom as I were in the train next to the loos, which is not that exciting. Thankfully they were not many people using it in fact no one used it. Both of us were excited about going to the beach, and got into a conversation about buying a 32” TV, you know the flat screen ones. They are all these deals due to the football World Cup 2010 (the one in which England lost today, what a shame!). We could not come to a decision but soon we arrived at London Victoria and had to get to the other platform to catch the train to Brighton.

The train to Brighton was leaving at 2:07, we had exactly 15 minutes. Which was loads of time as the platform was not very far away. Soon we were on the train, gosh! It was packed in here. People with flashy bi-cycles, families with crying babies and talkative kids, girl-friends and boy-friends kissing and holding hands, friends in their deep conversations and people like me along with their moms chatting away. It seemed that the whole of London was off to Brighton, which was kind of true as I found out that in our buggy everyone was going there for the weekend.

Please do check out the next bit of my writing about my day trip to Brighton. Looking forward to read your comments. Many thanks.
All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great, waiting to read more about Brighton