Monday, June 28, 2010

Bit 2, Making our way to the Brighton beach:






Soon we all stuffed ourselves in the train. Wow! There is air-conditioning in the South Western train Service, cause in the South Eastern trains the top windows are open thus air-conditioning the entire train naturally. The reason I use the word ‘stuffed’ because they were way too many passengers and it was very warm and stuffy. I was kind of grateful to be on a wheelchair at that time, otherwise I would be sitting, all squashed beside someone. Mind me saying this, but we were all smelling of sweat. Then I decided to visit the loo on the train before I get off at Brighton. Me and my bright ideas! Thank God my Mom was with me (Brilliant moms!) I asked my Mom to accompany me to the loo and hence she did. Please always and always please do keep wet wipes, thank you! Both of us made our way through the crowded train, good for me the loo was just next to us so no one created a fuss. Well when all was done I reached out to flush, goodness me, there was no water, then checked the taps no water there as well, that was not good. Anyways, thankfully my Mom had wet wipes, which was good. Finally we got seated back and after the loo episode, who ever wanted to visit the loo we always told them there is no water. As the man who went before us had experienced the same issue as the loo was not flushed and did not bother to let us know. Well visiting a waterless loo is not a pleasant experience. (By the way due to the lack of rains in summer and intense heat, UK is suffering from a drought; on media they showcase the news as if the circumstances are as bad as it is in Africa!).

In a few minutes time a mum along with her two tiny babies (who were a pair of twins, sleeping away in their double push chairs) came and sat next to us. She was really cool, and great to chat with, soon my Mom, I, another young boy, and the mum were all involved in a conversation. I found out that she was aged more then 30 and was a film-maker and worked at BBC, I was delightful to know that and soon got a number of tips to get into BBC (which I have been trying since the past 3 years and its tough), she had even coached a BFT Award winner, the young boy was 29 and studied engineering from some fancy University in London. Apparently his father owned a Pub in Brighton and he was just going for the weekend to visit his folks. The mom who is a film-maker and had temporarily suspend working as she was working as a full-time mother these days, and was going there to meet up with her friends. All four of us had built up a great conversation, we spoke about falling in love, having kids, career, fashion, art, travelling, sports, politics, babies, and therefore we didn’t even realize, the one hour passed by quickly and soon we were in Brighton. We all gave a good bye wish to all and went our very own ways.

While I was in the train I was also busy sending text messages to my Cousin in Brighton. She lived there so asked her if she is free and would like to join us. She agreed and decided to meet up with us at the train station. As we made our way out of the station my Cousin was right in front waiting for us. We one by one gave a ‘hello’ hug to each other and made our way out to the station. She asked us where would we like to eat, at the beach, or sit in somewhere, or just grab a snack, I just said ‘cousin I am here for the beach is it possible we can do all this on the beach?’ ‘Sure you can, there is loads to eat and do at the beach.’ All sounds great, we all trotted off to the pebble beach.

On my way I took out my mobile as it has a very good camera. Although using a camera stuck in the phone is not convenient at all. (I am at the moment in search of a digital camera, I just can’t find a good, cheap one! Something having 12 mega pixel, high performance, 4 x zoom optical that is, and chargeable. If anyone can offer a good deal please do contact me, thank you). Anyway, so my camera comes out and I because of the scorching sun that blinded me had no clue or rather was not able to see a thing on the mobile camera screen, was just clicking away randomly pointing at streets, building, people around me and even myself, and I got a few pretty good pictures. As we were passing by streets there were many shops, restaurants and open street cafes and people everywhere, it was very colourful and vibrant. We can across a closed shop and there was a poster in the shop window saying ‘homosexuals are possessed by demon’, (I took a picture of and shall put it up in my blog) not very welcoming it sounded. Come on now, its a free World and Brighton is known as the Capital Gay City of England. There are all sorts of people in this world and we have to learn to share. My Mom stopped at many jewellery shops on our way to the beach which created delays. I just wanted to check out the beach. It was like please lets go to the beach.

Do stay in tuned for the other Bits of my day trip in Brighton. Looking forward to read your comments. Love you all and take care X.

All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265

No comments: