Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bit 4, I had fun in Brighton:






Bit 4:

‘Although its lovely, but we can’t spend the whole day here,’ said my Mom while she began to stand up, we all agreed with her and all trotted off towards the other side where there were more stalls and shops. I asked my Coz to take a picture of mine while in the mean time my Mom kept walking, and when we finished with the shoot, by Mom had walked far away, we’d lost her. Thanks to the mobile technology I called her up, soon I came to know that she had reached the shore and was wetting her feet in the water. I told her we’ll be there shortly. Therefore my Coz and me walked towards the sea on this wooden ramp built on the pebbles. I was on my motorised wheelchair, which was not easy to manoeuvre as my front wheels kept getting stuck in the space between the wooded planks that is why it is best to be on a manual wheel chair and someone strong to push your wheel chair.

That is why we decided to discontinue are mission to go up to the sea and rather stay here and enjoy the scenic beauty. Soon I spotted a small stall selling all sorts of shell fish like mussel, shrimps, etc. although I was not hungry one bit but I wanted to try just for the sake of experience and to brag about it to people. Well so I bought some, a pound for a mixture of all shell fish in a small cup. I even took pictures of the seafood in a cup and the shop. Honestly, it had a very interesting taste (can’t find the word to explain it), it was cold and very salty, and was in all shape and sizes. Me and my Coz sat beside the colourful carosole, chewing away on the sea food we bought and enjoying the view. As my Coz lives in Brighton she was telling me how the Seagulls are a new sense here, even if one is eating they start to fly in circle on top waiting when not looking attacking by snatching the food from one’s hand, which is nasty. Anyway I soon received a call from my Mom asking where we were, I told her we are sitting next to the merry-go-rounds, she said she’ll be there, and soon she was walking towards us. She told us how nice and cool the water is and how she enjoyed paddling her feet in the water. We told her about how we enjoyed are sea edible which was kind of a lie. Anyway, it was 5:20 pm and we had to head back now as our train was at 6:00 pm. Due to shortage of time we decided to postpone our intention of having ice cream. So we walked back up towards the station the day was still very warm and bright. Soon after a slow walk we were at the station. Our train was in 15 minutes we hugged good byes and headed towards the train. But that wasn’t the end, I was told that I was not allowed to enter London on this ticket. Why, I didn’t have trouble coming into Brighton via London Victoria from Maidstone on this ticket. Apparently at Maidstone I purchased the wrong ticket, well I was told its going to be £5 extra to make amendments on the ticket so I may travel on this train. But looking at my cute innocent face the station manager changed the ticket for free and soon I was boarded on the train and we were on our way. Everybody on the train looked tired and many slept during the journey including me. After an hour we got off at London Victoria, as we had to change platforms to catch the train to Maidstone. On my way to the platform I saw a shop of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, had to buy them. We didn’t even have ice cream, it was to compensate for that, not really ice cream is ice cream. Anyway I bought two doughnuts each, one for my Mom and one for me. We had the scrumptious doughnuts on the train to Maidstone. Soon we were back home, wow, what a lovely Saturday I had in Brighton. And I do not mind going again.

Hope o write soon about my next adventure on wheels. But first I need to decide where to head to next. Looking forward to read your comments and suggestions. Please also do give me idea where to venture next, I always need your help, more is always better than one!All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265

No comments: