Saturday, May 22, 2010

Travelling the World on Wheels.



When I was young I always use to say when I grow up I shall marry a pilot, so that I can travel the world. I have a passion for travelling, but unfortunately due to my disability I can no longer walk on my own. Yes! I have to use a wheel chair, it has been 5 years now. Well when it happened I was devastated, all my dreams for travelling the world and visiting exotic places were shattered.
But soon after I realised that when there is a will there is a way. Now I had decided that I just had to be strong willed. After finishing my University in UK, I decided to stay here. As for me I hadn’t forgotten my passion. No way! I was persistent on figuring out ways to travel whilst being stranded on a wheelchair. And eureka! we are in the twenty first century, the World’s politicians, economist, presidents, leaders everybody is talking about ‘equality and diversity’. According to many laws and regulation around the world many countries have to comply with having wheel chair accessibility in all most every where, e.g. roads, streets, public toilets, buildings, houses, etc.
Anyway, after all my research and contacting people through email around the world I got hold of a few places where one could easily go about in a wheelchair, but this was way back in 2007. I decided to go to Spain, Barcelona (my very first trip on a wheelchair) the air ticket was affordable, public buses were free for disabled people and most of the train stations, shopping centres and sight seeing were accessible for wheelchair users. I had a fabulous time in Barcelona.
I would love to share my travelling experiences with the world, and being on a wheelchair makes it even more challenging and exciting. And I'd also like others to share their wonderful travel experiences as well, and that is why I formed this group. Please, I do need your help to keep it going.


People who have a passion for travelling the World and would like to share there experiences with everybody, please contact me. Many thanks.
Please join my facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120688481285587#!/group.php?gid=120688481285587&v=info


All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265

1 comment:

Adil said...

an inspiration you are...

following your blog...

adilnoormohd@gmail.com