Sunday, May 30, 2010

Paris on Wheels.






Although I have been to Paris twice before but I was able to walk. This was my first time using a wheelchair and I was a bit worried about it as Paris with its beautiful cobbled streets, gorgeous stone steps and romantic historical buildings, it was all tricky at first but we managed in the end. Thank God! my sister was with me; bless her as she was pushing me around and it was surely hard work pushing a huge wheelchair on cobbled grounds and off and on pavements and everything. Although it sounds annoying, but France being part of the EU has to be fully wheelchair accessible and trust me the French are doing their best in-fact all the new developments even the centre of Paris like the Louvre Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, Champs Elysees, Eiffel Tower are all wheelchair accessible but please make sure to have a manual one as one of those smart, nifty, motorised ones (the one I use) would just fall apart as the pathways are too bumpy.
It is so true that Paris is amazing, as told by Deschamps, Eustache ‘Rien ne se peut comparer a Paris' meaning ‘Nothing can compare to Paris’. Paris is a city that never sleeps, so enjoy it as much as you can. It is the city of lights, love, food, culture, freedom and arts. As quoted by Friedrich Nietzsche “An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris” (He was a German classical Scholar, Philosopher and Critic of culture, 1844-1900).

All rights reserved. nadiahmed@excite.com +44 (0)789 6250265

No comments: